YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- your name;
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number;
- your marital status and/or anniversary;
- information about your company or team;
- your role within the company or team;
- your credit card information or details (stored securely with our third party payment service provider);
- your age and/or date of birth;
- your demographic information, such as age or gender;
- your preferences and/or opinions; information you provide to us through surveys;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources,
- search queries and/or browsing behavior;
- information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, through being asked to participate in a survey by a business you are connected with, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- to contact you regarding upcoming or active survey participation opportunities;
- to provide our business clients with feedback regarding their products and services, where you have chosen to participate in a survey testing or reviewing these products or services;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- where you apply for employment with us; to consider your employment application.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- payment systems operators;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you.
- This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; and third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
- Google Analytics
HOW WE TREAT PERSONAL AND SENSITIVE INFORMATION
OUR RESPONSIBILITIES AS A ‘CONTROLLER’ UNDER THE GDPR
- be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner by us;
- only be collected for the specific purposes we have identified in the ‘collection and use of personal information’ clause above and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with the purposes we have identified;
be collected in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purpose for which the personal information is processed;
be kept up to date, where it is possible and within our control to do so (please let us know if you would like us to correct any of your personal information);
be kept in a form which permits us to identify you, but only for so long as necessary for the purposes for which the personal data was collected;
be processed securely and in a way that protects against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
- Data protection policies: We have internal policies in place which set out where and how we collect personal information, how it is stored and where it goes after we get it, in order to protect your personal information.
- Right to ask us to erase your personal information: You may ask us to erase personal information we hold about you.
- Right to ask us to restrict data processing: You may ask us to limit the processing of your personal information where you believe that the personal information we hold about you is wrong (to give us enough time to verify if the information needs to be changed), or where processing data is unlawful and you request us to restrict the processing of personal information rather than it being erased.
- Notification of data breaches: We will comply with the GDPR in respect of any data breach.
OUR RESPONSIBILITIES AS A ‘PROCESSOR’ UNDER THE GDPR
Where we are a processor, we have contracts containing certain prescribed terms in our contracts with controllers (such as businesses that ask us to help them conduct surveys testing their products and services). Depending on circumstances, we can be a controller or processor or controller and processor. In addition to
- our contractual obligations with controllers (where we are solely a processor); and
our legal obligations under the GDPR as a controller (where we are both a controller and processor) as a processor we also have the following responsibilities under the GDPR:
not to use a sub-processor without the prior written authorisation of the data controller;
to co-operate with supervisory authorities;
to ensure the security of its processing;
to keep records of processing activities;
to notify any personal data breaches to the data controller; and
to employ a data protection officer and appoint (in writing) a representative within the European Union if required by the GDPR (these are not required for the company at the present time).
YOUR RIGHTS AND CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. Where possible, we will provide this information in CSV format or other easily readable machine format. You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you at any time. You may also request that we transfer this personal information to another third party (data portability).
STORAGE AND SECURITY
COOKIES AND WEB BECONS
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES